I run a 90-minute training workshop for in-house or agency PR / communications teams on how to use photography most effectively in their campaigns. The workshop is completely free and provides a valuable, pragmatic insight into making the most out of imagery.
This is an informative, interactive and well-structured session with plenty of real life examples that illustrate the do’s and don’ts of using pictures to support a campaign or to illustrate a PR story.
- The 5 ‘routes to publication’ for your pictures
- Who is the picture editor and what does s/he do?
- How to make sure your PR imagery is ‘on brand’
- The 8 factors that will decide whether your picture is published or not (which, in itself, can strongly influence whether your story is run or not)
- How to optimise your images for SEO (they can actually be more powerful than the words you use)
- The importance of timing
- Knowing your publication and understanding what will work for them
- The pros and cons of buying stock library images
- Corporate portraits – how to get them right (and wrong!)
- The technicalities: image formats, file sizes, resolution, the importance of captioning, IPCT data; how getting this wrong can blow your chances of publication
- How to choose the right photographer
My working life includes 15 years in corporate PR and 10 years as a commercial photographer / photojournalist, so I’m well placed to talk about the issues from both sides of the fence.
I would aim to time this to fit in with your team’s workload – perhaps run as a breakfast, lunchtime or early evening session. I’m running these sessions free of charge and there is no obligation whatsoever.
To book a session for your organisation, please call me on 07948 528656 or click here to send me an email.